Well friends, I sit here in my room, awaiting the 3:30am mark that will begin an extremely long time of travel. It's weird because I don't think it's really hit me that I'm going to Malaysia tomorrow, and will be there for the next 6 weeks. I have my bags (mostly) packed and ready to go. I'm not sure what will fill my time during the 30 hours of travel I have ahead of me, but I have a few books, my computer and iPod...and I'm also banking on there being some good movie selections on the plane rides.
As I am getting ready to leave, though, I am reminded of how blessed my life truly is. I have an amazing God who continues to provide for me. He has filled me with a complete sense of peace and trust. While I really have no idea what my life will look like for the next 6 weeks, I am okay. My heart is at rest and I go into this night calmly. I cannot say that will be the case as I sit in the airport tomorrow, but it is the case right now. I ask you all for your continued prayers as I am gone. Pray for confidence as I teach in an elementary classroom, good connections with my host family and teacher, my faith to continue to grow stronger as I am immersed in a Muslim culture. I hope I have some good stories to tell, pictures to share, and love to extend. Please please email or post comments...I would love to hear from you!
2 comments:
i cant tell you enough how excited i am that you got a blog.... a real blog! i look forward to reading it while you are gone! you should put picture up because i have never see what this place looks like! also beaners i making alot of money off me. and even more once school comes! i love you and plan on lkeave more than one voice mail while your gone!!
i can't believe that you're actually leaving either! have a great time and don't forget to get a picture with their prime minister :)
Post a Comment