As I sit in the last hotel room I will be at in Malaysia, I have created several top 1o lists. The items appear in no particular order and do not include everything I thought of. Here goes:
Top 10 things I miss from the U.S.
1. hot showers
2. fajitas
3. hugs
4. clothes dryer
5. full closet of clothes to choose from
6. diet coke
7. the English language
8. comfortable beds
9. good conversations
10. straightening my hair
Top 10 things I will miss from Malaysia
1. spicy food
2. mountains
3. hospitality
4. cheap prices
5. my host family
6. visiting beautiful places
7. bright colored beautiful clothing
8. being with my classmates
9. amazing fruit
10. being challenged and taken out of my comfort zone
Top 10 things I will not miss from Malaysia
1. squat toilets
2. being stared at
3. high school boys trying to hit on me
4. UPSI photographers and videographers
5. rice
6. intense temperature and humidity
7. not being able to communicate
8. durian (the one seriously gross fruit)
9. rose syrup juice (aka pink torture juice)
10. wet bathrooms
2 comments:
i love the top 10 idea. i've been meaning to do something like that for ecuador, but i've been way too busy/lazy to get it done. soon, perhaps.
unfortunately, there's a chance that #3 on your last list won't quit when you when get back to the states ms. anan! :)
at least those high school boys won't be my own students like they were here. i'm sure my 5th graders this year won't talk about me in the same way.
Post a Comment