Thursday, October 28, 2010

Seek the Truth

I've been inundated with conversations about the future lately. Will I stay in China or will I seek a life somewhere else? And if I don't stay in Kunming, where will I go? Back to Michigan? To another country? To another state? What will I do? What job will I get? What car will I drive? If I stay, will I keep teaching 3rd grade? Will my roommate stay too? Who will leave? Who will come?

Too many questions to wrap my mind around. And none of them answer the ultimate question I've been asking - where does my God want me to be? What will please Him the most so that I can serve Him the best? With all of these conversations I have gotten good advice, great opinions and biased suggestions. But these are not the people I seek to serve. I serve the God of the universe, the God who created me and knit me together. He knows me better than I know myself (thankfully), and He knows my path.

So now what? What path will I choose? Because, ultimately, it is my choice. I truly don't think there is a "wrong" decision here. Just like most of the major decisions in my life thus far - it's a choice. Either way I am serving and loving God. Either way He will bless my path if I seek Him out and obey his commands.

I have no idea what my future will hold, but I do know that I will hold strong to the Lord and put my trust in Him.


A few pictures to make this post more fun:

The most recent family time I've had looks like this...


Embracing the Asian-ness at last year's International Fair

No comments: