November was an anxious month for me as I decided to stay in China or move back to the States. Staying is easier - everything is set up and known. Going back is harder - no job, insurance, car, etc. Yet I am going back. Anxiety was given over to peace - peace that can only come from above because no matter how often I think about moving home, I am not anxious. I am peaceful about it. Even more shocking when I remind myself that my goal is to live and teach in Detroit. Seriously - it's probably crazier to move to Detroit than China. Two places I never thought I would be.
aaa 
aDowntown Kunming ...... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaato Downtown Detroit ......
Grief is beginning to settle into January. Grief because of death, because of the thought of ending my time in China. I found out my grandma died last week. That was rough - for all involved. But grieving is a process and I have amazing friends in China who are supporting me in incredible ways. I am blessed for the love they have. I wonder what my grief will turn into...

Grandma at my college graduation.
Much love to you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment