Sunday, July 06, 2008

July 6?

So I completely missed out on the entire day of July 6. I left my house in Novi at 6am on July 5 and arrived in Malaysia at 12am on July 7. Weird. But I'm here...finally! It was an incredibly long day of traveling. A little bit of time to Atlanta, 13 hours to Korea, 6 to Malaysia, and another 1 1/2 to the university we're staying at this week. We actually have air conditioning in our room...I feel a bit spoiled.
Funny thing that is happening right now, there's random music playing from the courtyard outside my window and every once in a while I hear someone singing along on a microphone. I'm sure stranger things will happen in the weeks to come, but for only being here less than 10 hours, that's all I can say.
Anyway, thanks for all your prayers. I'm glad I got here safely. Love you all.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I'm glad you made it all safe and sound!

Sad you missed out on July 6. I had a good July 6 overall I'd say.

Your random music story reminds me of the scene out of Shawshank Redemption. I love that scene.

lu said...

Glad you got there safe and sound. Yea for air conditioning!
Laura