Well, I have officially completed my first week and 2 days of teaching. It has been absolutely wonderful so far. I am learning the strengths and weaknesses of my students as well as how I can best teach them. The hardest part has been the incredible range of abilities. Not only do students range from below grade level to above grade level academically, but they range from almost no English knowledge to fluent English. Knowing how to help students understand what I am asking them to do has given me the biggest challenge this week. I had to redo several lesson plans because I knew they just wouldn't work with my students.
Here are some pictures of my classroom:

I finally got it all set up at 10:45pm the night before school started. Wow. The first week was a bit of a blur, but I got some good rest this past weekend to make up for my lack of sleep.
In other news, China is becoming more like home every day. I'm loving the food and getting to know the other teachers. Life is filled with lesson planning, laughter, lesson planning, sharing stories and more lesson planning.
I have more pictures posted
here. Thanks for all the love friends and family!
1 comment:
mere - glad to hear things are going well and you are adjusting to your new home. im so proud of you!!
Post a Comment